The best fitness advice - what is your contribution?
Fitness advice is EVERYWHERE, so why bother with providing some more information?
Well, there are always some new perspectives on a well-worn topic, I am sure you will agree...
This Fitness Advice page will concentrate on some age-old truths, as well as on giving you, the visitor,
the opportunity to add your own very best advice on fitness and health right here! Please see the block below to add your own unique opinion/tip/program or whatever you wish to share with
other visitors. YOU are the expert, so please share your knowledge with us.
To start the ball rolling, let's get down to some perennial facts and proven methods to become fit
and stay fit!
Did you know???
* Regular brisk walking can reduce the risk of heart disease by 65%
* 87% of the world population do not eat a balanced diet
* 59% of the world population do not get enough physical activity
* 30% of people are obese
* 11% are suffering from heart disease
Some of the benefits of being fit and healthy:
* Increases life expectancy
* Increases energy and stamina
* Improves quality of sleep
* Assists with body weight control
* Increases self-confidence, reduces stress
* Reduces illness and disease
The building blocks of REAL fitness:
1. Before even thinking of exercise, you have to follow a healthy diet, and eat more natural foods. A physical program will be of no benefit to you if you eat your meals from microwaved plastic containers...
The basics of good nutrition include the following :
# Your main source of calories: carbohydrates
# Excess saturated fat will lead to disease
# Proteins are the building blocks for the body
# Fibre helps with good digestion
# Your body should get vitamins and minerals in correct quantities
# Water is a vital ingredient of a healthy diet
If you can get your nutrition in line, the odds are you WILL have a healthy body.
2. Once you have started to eat properly (see our amazing healthy eating pages),
an exercise programme can be followed.
Even if you only start by walking a short distance daily, this is an exercise programme!
The bottom line is: GET MOVING!
Every person on the planet is different. The very best advice would be to spend some time do some research to find a programme or sports activity that fits your preferences, time, circumstances and budget.
The internet is, of course, an invaluable source of information, and so are your local sports clubs and gyms.
3. Rest and relaxation: Yes, this is a CRUCIAL building block towards real fitness! A tired and overworked body
will not be healthy, even with the best nutrition and exercise programmes.
So please PLAN TO RELAX! it is not a luxury, but a necessity. Many people feel guilty when they relax, but dont fall
into this trap...
Relaxed and rested people are more productive and creative. Ever heard of the Power Nap?It's an amazing way to boost
your productivity levels and your general fitness and well-being.
Take time out to spend with the family, read a book, watch a movie, enjoy the outdoors... whatever gives you enjoyment
and recharges your batteries.
And bottom line - GET ENOUGH SLEEP! This is more than crucial to your well-being and general fitness.
Well, now it's over to you: tell us what you do to keep fit and healthy, tell us about some special programme
that you follow or give us your best tips. Also share your opinion on what is necessary to keep our bodies as
fit as a fiddle!
Return from Fitness Advice to Fitness Tips
Return from this page to the Health-news-for-you.com Home Page
What advice can YOU contribute?
Please share your best advice on fitness with us!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...